About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
• Responsible for planning events and conferences across Greater China, Hong Kong and supporting on wider regional events when required.
• Serves as an advisor and event management expert, proposing value-add event activity and direction around marketing initiatives and priorities. This includes working with the lines of business on the strategic objective and program plan for each event.
• Builds and fosters working relationships with internal stakeholders
• Works independently on events from conception to reconciliation against best practice operating procedures; including pre-event organization, budget management, compliance approvals, onsite execution, staff management, senior management liaison, final cost analysis
• Event admin requirements: management of the various event databases and internal systems E.g. GEMS, MarketScape, EMAR, Invoice Tracker etc. Manage the event finances, processing invoices, billing function using Ariba and concur system. Ensure the events shared drive is updated and maintain accurately
• Event management (internal and external) requirements. Prepare and develop the event overview, onsite event briefing and post event report etc. This includes onsite support to efficiently execute the events and liaise with vendors and hotels on event requirements
• Measures the success of each event with the right metrics and through the correct systems and processes
• Proactively works to mitigate risk, as an enterprise control function
• Ensures events are planned within company guidelines and best-practice. Manages the risks associated with events to protect the brand. Proactively engages Compliance, Legal, Risk, Corporate Security, Corporate Communications and other key partners as needed
• Planning events conferences across greater China, Hong Kong and South East Asia.
• Proposing value-add events activity and direction around marketing initiatives
• Working independently on events from conception to reconciliation using best practices.
• Degree Required: Bachelor’s or equivalent
• Have a natural ability to build relationships with key partners & manage relationships
• Experience in managing both internal and external client events, with a strong focus on investor conferences and higher end/premiere hospitality events.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with demanding and challenging event hosts.
• Excels under pressure and confident handling last-minute details and changes and a heavy seasonal workload
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications and with the ability to learn many internal processes and procedures
• A strong team player with excellent communication skills; ability to partner well with all levels in the organization and work well in a team environment
• Professional demeanor; decisive with strong interpersonal skills
• Good communication and influencing skills
• Ability and willingness to travel