Corporate Title: Vice President
Line of Business: Global Information Security
Here in our Chester office we have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join as a GIS Remediation Governance Senior Engineer. The successful candidate will be a member of the Global Information Security (GIS) Enterprise Remediation organization and manage responsibilities for the governance of global remediation activities, including our ability to have a sustainable 'Follow the Sun' model to drive remediation 24x7 where needed. The goals of the position will be to:
1) Identify risk, manage escalation routines and facilitate debate to maintain balance between risk and reward
2) Manage enterprise remediation response during incidents
3) Risk identification and issues management
4) Enable a culture of security on a global scale
As a GIS Remediation Governance Senior Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Advising senior management on issues related to risk and vulnerability management and recommends actions in support of the bank's wider risk management and compliance programs
- Managing quality control and reporting
- Ensuring compliance with policies and procedures
- Driving risk deliverables
- Collaborating with risk partners on info security critical priorities
- Participating in executive level Risk Management Routines
- Identifying and measure global information security (GIS) controls on most critical business processes or channels
- Building excellent partner relationships with peer technology groups and supported LOB in region and connects to global program
- Driving required risk culture and partnership with peer technology teams and supported LOB in region and connects to global program
As a GIS Remediation Governance Senior Engineer your skills/competencies will be:
- Management experience
- Detailed, bank specific risk management and governance experience
- Great analytical/ problem solving/ conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to work with Technical and Non-Technical business owners
- Assist with internal efficiencies projects and development
- Must display great subject matter expertise in risk management, governance and development of risk appetite
- Exceptional executive presentation and communication skills
- Excellent influencing and problem resolution skills
- Must be comfortable in delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals with varying degrees of technical understanding
- Must have good leadership skills and qualities which enable you to work with peers and various levels of management
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.