The Centralized Regulatory Reporting (CRR) team is part of the CFO-Global Financial Control organization. Our purpose is to drive high quality regulatory reports through operationally efficient control processes and system solutions to support the production of various regulatory reports as required by the Federal Reserve, OCC, FDIC and other regulators. CRR is seeking a highly motivated individual for a Senior Financial Analyst position seeking to expand their knowledge and expertise.
This position is responsible for analysis, interpretation, and documentation of the application of U.S. regulatory reporting requirements focused on deposit banking products in order to ensure adherence to requirements. Interpretation and application of regulatory requirements require extensive collaboration with all levels of business partners and regulatory agencies.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic environment that offers numerous opportunities to learn, grow, impact and drive changes for the Company. In particular, the candidate will:
- Research, analyze, and interpret changes in US regulatory requirements
- Provide guidance for complex regulatory requirements, including translation and application of such into reports
- Communicate and document the rationale for interpretation and application of regulatory requirements
- Assist with product specific issues management, evaluation of impact, remediation and enhancements
- alyze and explain results including key business drivers of significant fluctuations.
- Assist in preparation of deposit related regulatory reporting schedules
- Examine financial information and data attributes provided by Regulatory Reporting team and other line of business members for disclosure in the Company's external regulatory reports
- Work closely with teams across the organization including: Enterprise Stress Test, Lines of Business, Operations & Technology, Risk, Compliance, Financial Controls and Oversight, and other GFC teams and other teams across the bank.
- Assist in regulatory reporting project to further automate data collection by communicating reporting requirements, performing testing, monitoring progress, communicating status and other activities as needed
- The candidate must demonstrate initiative, a commitment to continuous learning, and the ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements.
- Throughout the tenure of the role, the teammate should gain exposure and acumen in bank regulatory reporting requirements; the company's financial systems; accounting consolidation and elimination principles and processes, particularly within the context of a large financial services enterprise with many subsidiaries; and the company’s deposit and credit products area of the organization, and develop or improve the following skills: regulatory knowledge and technology experience in the area of banking systems.
- 5+ years of accounting related experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance
- Strong understanding of balance sheet, income statement and banking products
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Strong technical accounting skills and knowledge
- Results driven with ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written, including well-developed presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate with teammates and business partners
- Ability to proactively identify problems and develop solutions
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Familiarity with SAP general ledger
- Familiarity with bank regulatory reporting requirements
- Familiarity with researching financial reporting/ accounting technical requirements
Posting Date: 03/08/2018
Location: Charlotte, NC, TRANSAMERICA SQUARE, 401 N TRYON ST, - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.