Metro Detroit - Financial Center Operations Manager - Royal Oak, MI
Royal Oak, MI, United States
Job number: 18007423
Back to job search results
Financial center operations managers (FCOMs) play a critical leadership role in the financial center and are required to exercise discretion and independent judgment, as necessary. They are accountable for the operations of the financial center with oversight of functions that service the teller line, day-to-day policy and procedure adherence, and improvement of financial center performance. FCOMs also assume leadership responsibility for the financial center in the financial center manager’s (FCM) absence and ensure that the FCM’s directives are implemented.
Risk and Operational Management
•Manage the financial center operations
•Provide oversight on all operational activities including transaction accuracy and execution of operational leadership tasks
•Identify risks, prioritize areas of focus, educate associates on avoiding risks and create action plans to correct issues
•Ensure that in the event of a new procedure, product or operational change, associates are informed and properly executing the change in compliance with regulations and policy
•Track and manage service and operational performance metrics through monitoring of daily activities and reports; if necessary, develop, communicate and execute action plans to close gaps between goals and results
•Ensure day-to-day service and sales activities comply with standards for customer and operational excellence and meet regulatory compliance requirements
•Ensure associate and customer safety
•Ensure a customer experience consistent with our brand
•Ensure customers/clients are connected to the appropriate teammate to help them achieve their financial goals; make sure all sales, service and specialized needs are met; and help drive overall revenue growth.
•Capitalize on all referral opportunities to help customers obtain the full value of their Bank of America relationship
•Leverage available resources and technologies (tablets, bank by appointment, etc.) to optimize the customer experience and serve our customers with operational excellence and accuracy
•Provide a value-added customer experience that leads to improved satisfaction and sales
•Handle customer escalations in the absence of the FCM; ensure enterprise complaint tracking is executed
•Own resource management for the financial center
•Assist associates in handling more complex transactions and resolving issues that require an in- depth understanding of regulatory compliance and policy and procedural knowledge
•Coach associates to be efficient and in compliance with established policies and procedures in customer service, operational procedures, transactions accuracy and customer engagement
- Proven results exceeding goals in a customer-centric, results-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with others outside of reporting authority to achieve shared goals
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to resolve problems independently or escalate as needed to promote customer satisfaction
- Strong financial and business acumen including experience interpreting reports to drive performance
- Proven record of balancing risk and making sound decisions while achieving business goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to easily engage others in dialogue, convey sincere interest in building/deepening relationships, and demonstrate a commitment to providing personalized service
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, prioritize and delegate while delivering results
- Strong communication skills (including verbal, non-verbal, written and presentation) and active listening skills
- Proficiency in computer skills and professional programs (for example, Microsoft Office)
- Availability to work weekends and/or extended hours as required to run the business
- Undergraduate degree
- Bilingual (fluent verbal and written)
- Experience in the following industries: Consumer banking/financial services, mortgage, retail or hospitality
Posting Date: 02/13/2018
Location: Royal Oak, MI, THIRTEEN, 509 E Thirteen Mile, - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Weekly Schedule: M - Sa
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.