Financial Solutions Advisor Opportunity to Obtain Series 7
Hunt Valley, MD, United States
Job number: 18006177
Back to job search results
The primary role of the Financial Solutions Advisor Trainee (trainee) is to acquire the necessary registrations and training to become a Financial Solutions Advisor. In addition to studying and acquiring 7 & 66 registrations(63 & 65 in lieu of 66), Trainees will be required to complete the new hire training program, including classroom and on the job training activities at the Merrill Edge home office. Once a Trainee acquires all required registrations, completes training activities and passes all proficiency assessments, they will transition into a full time Financial Solutions Consultant or similar role.
FSCs focus on deepening banking and investment relationships with Mass Affluent customers; clients with less than $250k in investable assets. FSCs work with customers to understand their financial situation and needs, and provide investment solutions to meet those needs. The trainee will directly report to a New Hire Manager during the duration of their time as a trainee.
The successful candidate will:
- Quickly assess customer objectives and position solutions appropriately and effectively
- Uncover client needs, deepen existing relationships and refer clients to partner businesses
- Understand what is important to a client and provide investment advice and guidance in the best interest of the client aligned to their overall financial goals
- Deliver exceptional service to clients by answering general account inquiries
- Demonstrate knowledge of investments and financial markets and apply key principles appropriately to the individual client's investment needs
- Establish strong client relationships by exceeding client expectations and following through on commitments
- Maintain current knowledge of Merrill Edge products, policies and services while keeping abreast of financial markets and regulations
- Grasp complex technical material quickly.
- Communicate effectively
Required Skills: "MUST" have these skills to be minimally qualified.
- Series 7 & 66 (or both the 63 and 65) is required; if not currently held, Series 7 & 66 must be obtained within 120 days
- Communicate effectively
- Strong computer skills with an ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Requires basic knowledge of the organization, products and/or services
- Ability to adapt and seek solutions for customers in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree, or 1-2 years relevant work experience
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Proven sales ability
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales, productivity and quality monitoring goals
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to actively listen to clients and demonstrate empathy
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and oral/written communication skills
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills
- Capable of multi tasking and working efficiently under stress and high volume
- Previous knowledge of client account services
- Demonstrated passion and interest in financial markets
- Financial services industry experience
Enterprise Role Overview
The primary role of the Financial Solutions Advisor Trainee is to acquire the necessary licenses and training to become a Financial Solutions Advisor. In addition to studying and acquiring 7 & 66 licenses (63 & 65 in lieu of 66), FSA Trainees will be required to complete the new hire training program, including classroom and on the job training activities. Once a FSA Trainee acquires all required licenses, completes training activities and passes all proficiency assessments, they will transition into a full time Financial Solutions Advisor. This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination.
Posting Date: 02/09/2018
Location: Hunt Valley, MD, HUNT VALLEY, 11333 MCCORMICK RD, - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Weekly Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm during training; after training shift between 8am - 7pm Mon.-Fri.
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.