The candidate MUST enjoy following the stock market and be able to thrive in a fast-paced and intense environment. He or she will work alongside Senior Analysts, and Research Associates in all aspects of the research process, from idea generation to financial modeling, including but not limited to the following:
- Perform complex financial modeling & valuation work.
- Write regular industry and company reports and company launch initiations from scratch.
- Develop databases integral to our research product.
- Demonstrate strong industry knowledge and business judgment.
- Work with Senior Analysts to develop key industry themes.
- Build relationships and facilitate information flow with contacts at covered companies.
- Attend client meetings.
- Seek out new, value-added, and/or unusual sources of information.
- Have ability to manage up by proactively highlighting upcoming deadlines and project timelines
- Have ability to monitor newsflow and highlight stock-impacting updates when Senior Analyst is traveling
- Interact regularly with sales, trading and external clients.
- Bachelors Degree
- Ideal candidate would have 1-4 years experience in equity research, buy-side experience or investment banking experience
- Strong writing and spreadsheet skills. Must be an expert at MS Word and MS Excel.
- Must enjoy following the stock market and doing desktop and field research.
- Along with Finance and Accounting background, should have basic understanding of economics, macroeconomic factors, and policy/politics.
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must have strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task.
- Must work well in a collaborative team environment
Posting Date: 02/16/2018
Location: New York, NY, BANK OF AMERICA TOWER, ONE BRYANT PARK, - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.