Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President (AVP)
Line of Business: Global FX
We require a GFX Trade Support Analyst to join the Global FX trade support team an exciting and thriving area within the Middle Office space that covers all aspects of the FX business. The business itself is a key market player transacting in Spot, Forward, Options, NDF (Non Deliverable Forwards), EFX (eTrading) and TFX (Transaction FX).
Due to the nature of the Foreign Exchange business (high volume of transactions, covering G10 and Emerging Market Currencies, multiple work streams and complex systems architecture) there is consistent interaction with Trading, Sales, Technology, Settlements and Operations throughout the day. The GFX Middle Office team is a key member of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s FX business and how it functions on a daily basis making the area a fast paced and vibrant space to operate in.
The successful candidate will have a keen attention to detail, be a fast learner across a number of daily routines, and be able to engage the desk and other areas of the business in resolving breaks, queries and workflow changes.
This role has an opportunity to learn about the business, develop your skillset in the Middle Office, and be part of a growing team able to function independently and collectively to cover the team’s daily deliverables and contribute to the change agenda in this group. In terms of career progression this role provides a rewarding platform for learning and development as well as interaction with the Front Office and various Business Support Partners including cross line of business exposure.
As a GFX Trade Support Analyst your main responsibilities will involve:
- Trade Booking and Validation – Timely and accurate management of trade capture process to ensure all trades are booked according to terms of underlying agreement in both Front-Office and down-stream applications
- Provide support to assigned trading desks – Support the Trading desk across all Middle-Office functions in a timely and accurate manor
- Ongoing Trade maintenance – Manage trade lifecycle events such as resets, fixings, substitutions, credit default events, expiries and Maturities
- Investigate and resolve position breaks – Work closely with Front and Back Office to resolve breaks
- Production of daily reports – Distribute Daily reports to the Trading desk and Senior Management (requiring a high level of attention to detail)
- Resolve Risk and P&L issues - Work closely with Middle Office Risk and P&L to resolve issues in a timely manner
Product Coverage: Spot, Forwards, Options, NDF
- The position requires extensive interaction with the trading desk and support partners in Finance, Operations and Technology
As a GFX Trade Support Analyst your skills and competencies will ideally include:
- Product knowledge is essential (e.g. FX, Rates, Credit, Equities, Commodities etc.)
- experience in Trade Control would be ideal
- Detail oriented
- Solid controls mind-set
- Working to tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel (including data analysis, presentation, formulae and pivot tables)
- Ability to challenge and improve existing processes
- Good communication and negotiation skills and the ability to build relationships across all levels of seniority
- Excellent organisational skills are required with the ability to prioritise daily workload whilst working accurately under pressure
- Proven analytical skills including data reconciliation and interpretation
- Middle office or back office experience would be ideal
- Previous experience in dealing with internal and external clients
- Logical approach to problem solving - taking ownership and offering practical solutions
- Delivering as part of a team whilst having the capability to work alone
- Understanding of operational risk and the full lifecycle of a trade from execution to settlement
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.