Bank of America overview and BA Continuum India Overview
Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of our Global Delivery Center of Expertise in the bank. Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for the individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
We’re committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
BA Continuum India Pvt. Ltd. supports business process, information technology and knowledge process across Consumer Banking, including Card and Home Loans, Legacy Asset Servicing, Global Banking and Markets, and Global Wealth and Investment Management lines of business at Bank of America.
Business Controls Monitoring & Readiness (BCMR) Overview:
Business Control, Monitoring and Readiness (BCMR) is responsible for building risk culture and ensuring capabilities are established to drive execution of the operational risk management framework, including implementing Global Tech & Operations (GT&O) -specific processes/tools in order to adhere to enterprise-wide policies and standards with Technology and Operations delivery. This includes risk assessment & analysis, monitoring and testing of key controls, issue management and support audit & regulatory exams.
Overview of Role:
The position will be a BCMR Specialist contributing for sustainable risk culture, in the process the Specialist is required to strategize plans for strengthening Internal controls, contribute for enhanced Quality Assurance thereby reducing the operational risk. Also responsible to review and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the systems and processes, reliability of reporting, compliance with policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Enabling strong operational risk management – Identify, escalate & debate risks across business units.
- Enabling business to identify and monitor Key Risk & Control indicators with established triggers and limits.
- Ensuring Quality Assurance is implemented in adherence to GT&O QA minimum standards.
- Periodic testing of key controls for critical functions, and supporting gap remediation as needed
- Support delivery teams on Issues management and Audit management
- Supporting day to day relationship management and communications with business partners at various levels of the organization, as well as other Enterprise Control Functions (ECFs).
Required Job Skills and Experience:
- Exposure to banking business processes with focus on Global Markets (Foreign Exchange/ Derivatives/ Securities / Futures / Collateral / Middle Office Operation) and Commercial and Corporate banking (Treasury, Credit, Trade Finance) Operations in an offshore environment.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Banking systems, internal control and reporting processes
- 12-15 years experience including experience in internal audit & risk management preferably from IT / BPO industry / Big 4 audit firms.
- Ability to identify and evaluate potential risks and escalate appropriately for debate and resolution.
- Strong analysis and fact-based decision making. Expected to look beyond the issue at hand and raise questions.
- Proven ability to communicate complex information in simple terms (oral and written). Influence horizontally and vertically across the organization and diverse audiences. Will work both independently and as part of a team and be expected to develop relationships with other Compliance and Risk groups.
- Project Management Skills ability to cope with delivery within very tight deadlines under high pressure. Ability to prioritize work activity to maximize performance against agreed targets
Posting Date: 07/12/2017
Location: Gurugram, , TOWER, SECTOR 21 DUNDAHERA, Hyderabad, , BLD 5A HITEC CITY MADHAPUR, MINDSPACE RAHEJA IT PARK, - India