Specific Job Description
The Chief Testing Officer (CTO) is a highly client focused leader, responsible for the end-to-end testing process, from Intake through Test Execution; as well as the ensuring the optimization of the LOB testing program. Including, but not limited to Recertification, Test Plans and reporting Additional responsibilities include :In this senior leadership the ideal candidate will have a proven track record of providing vision & strategy for a large line of business in regards to development and implementation of programs and systems. The ideal individual will have strong managerial experience within a multi-location business, complimented by knowledge of Global Technology and Operations and Testing organizations. The CTO will advise Management on opportunities and risks associated with Testing and will actively participate in all phases test development with emphasis on intake and planning.
In addition, the Chief Testing Officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Act as a trusted advisor by building and maintaining relationships with business unit leaders, while continually improving the process.
- Deliver the mission and vision of the EIT organization, lead the development of the LOB testing strategy and roadmap ensuring integration with Operational Excellence.
- Provide assessment and direction on testing capabilities, efficiencies and technologies to complement the overall LOB strategies.
- Continually demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills; strong leadership and prioritization skills; must be able to present and explain very testing related concepts to non-technical audiences and strong collaboration across all teams within Enterprise Independent Testing.
General Job Description
The Testing Manager is accountable for leading a team that provides test script design and test execution for Compliance and Operational Risk. A test is defined in the Independent Testing Enterprise Policy as "an independent point-in-time examination of one or more processes, controls, policies and procedures or data sources utilized for managing risk to assess the effectiveness of the control environment. A test is focused on answering a specific objective and has a pre-defined pass/fail criteria." Compliance testing may include activities such as automated surveillance and transaction level testing and may be performed onsite.
The Testing Manager, in collaboration with Testing Shared Services and Risk and Compliance officers, ensures accountability for the completion of testing activities in alignment with the Independent Testing- Enterprise Policy & Standard in a timely manner.
The Testing Manager consults with compliance officers and operational risk to execute an effective testing program per requirements. This role contributes to the identification of themes and trends at the front line unit, control function and enterprise level. The Testing Manager proactively manages the relationship with external consultants, front line unit ("FLU") /Control Function ("CF") Compliance and Operational Risk groups. This role participates in routines involving FLU/CF Compliance and regulatory agencies. The Testing Manager provides leadership direction to attract, assess, develop, motivate and retain a successful team. This role ensures consistent quality of activities, processes and outputs by establishing effective review of practices across the team.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong understanding of business processes and controls
- Strong attention to detail and self-starter
- Ability to collaborate with counterparts in other organizations and at senior levels
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ experience in Technology or Financial Institution
- Business controls/ Compliance/ Audit experience
- Microsoft office experience
- Executive presence is critical
- Knowledge of Global Technology and Operations organizations
Posting Date: 07/12/2017
Location: Charlotte, NC, BANK OF AMERICA CORPORATE CENTER, 100 N TRYON ST, - United States
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time