Corporate Title: Officer
Line of Business: Security Operations
We are recruiting for a Reference Data Analyst to work in a team of 27 associates in our Reference Data Services (RDS) area based in Dublin. The team is part of a global organisation who are responsible for the reference data integrity of global markets systems. The team manages both client and product static data across front and back office for securities and derivatives businesses.
Reference Data Services maintains client and security static data for the firm across multiple platforms. Incumbent will be accountable to provide consistently high level of data reconciliation & excellent customer service. The subject matter expert position would be responsible for day to day static data maintenance activities & to support multiple businesses in various internal systems. Exception Inboxes and Queues will be monitored to ensure all errors are cleared daily.
As a Reference Data Analyst your main responsibilities will involve:
- Update and maintenance of client account static in relation to Debt, Equity, Prime Brokerage, FX, Derivatives
- Manage reconciliations and create reports based off this
- Timely response to stakeholder queries on static issues
- Data Quality Reporting
- Ensure adherence to Transaction Reporting responsibilities
- Liaising with other internal departments to ensure timely resolution of their issues
- Involvement in ad hoc projects for new processes or industry initiatives
As a Reference Data Analyst your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Solid IT skills. MS Office suite where in particular an aptitude in Excel is required
- Good Communication Skills: Liaising directly with Clients both internal and external requires an ability to effetely communicate critical data requirements. Accurately recording all feedback during call backs is paramount
- Ability to work in a team but also to be comfortable working alone, using initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Previous Banking / Operations Experience extremely beneficial
- Ability to oversee/advise off-shore teams as well as communicate upwards
- Able to understand complicated Trade Flows and System architecture quickly
- An understanding of Operational Risk & Project Management Techniques
- Able to resolve queries/issues effectively with high attention to detail
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.