Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Location: London / Bromley
Line of Business: GMOT / GBAM Tech
Here at Bank of America Merrill Lynch we have an exciting opportunity as an Agile Development Manager based within our Control, Middle Office and Finance Technology team in London.
As a member of a multi-skilled, versatile group, the successful candidate will work with development teams, business SMEs and Senior Leaders to ensure the successful delivery of strategic, multi-year transformational projects across a number of business areas served by CMOT.
We are looking for an experienced Agile Development Manager to take a significant leadership role on a large, multi-year program to develop consolidated tooling for the product control process across all products within the Global Markets business in Bank of America Merrill Lynch. The program involves multiple teams working across several time zones. The development manager works alongside the program tech lead and plays a key role in planning, facilitating, coordinating and reporting on the work of these teams.
As an Agile Development Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Manage a well-funded multiyear programme to redefine and re-implement tools for use in the area. Streamline these tool to perform the necessary function effectively and perform mitigation around the risks involved
- Work across development teams to shape and define the items the teams build and deliver and ensure they are in line with the high level needs of the project.
- Work closely with both business and technical teams to manage the supply and delivery of work across five development teams in locations including London, Bromley and Hyderabad
- Visualise and manage the flow of work through the teams
- Identify and resolve or escalate issues affecting the development teams
- Set and deliver to milestones
- Development resource planning and capacity management
- Organise and run cross-team routines
- Identify and follow through on opportunities to improve program processes
- Accurate, timely and meaningful status reporting
As an Agile Development Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Educated to Degree (BA / BSC) level or higher or equivalent experience. Computer Science / Engineering background is beneficial
- Expert and pragmatic knowledge of agile development
- Experience of scaling agile practices across multiple teams (e.g. SAFE, LeSS)
- Experience of leading agile development teams. Project management and scrum skills
- Excellent communication skills required to build and manage multiple stakeholder relationships in a fundamentally challenging problem. The candidate will have daily exposure to senior management and will have the opportunity to make their mark
- The candidate should have a technical background to better understand business user requirements and help translate these into technical requirements
- Knowledge of risk, P&L and product control would be a distinct advantage
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.