Corporate Title: Senior Vice President
Line of Business: Global Technology & Operations
We are looking for an experienced risk manager to lead the EMEA Technology & Operations (“T&O”) Risk & Control team, providing cross-divisional oversight of risk and control matters impacting the breadth of technology and operations functions in region. The successful candidate will have excellent analytical and communication skills, a passion for operational excellence and the curiosity and drive to make a difference in this challenging and rewarding role.
As an EMEA Technology & Operations Risk & Control Lead you will lead the team whose responsibilities will include:
- Driving the identification, debate and escalation of issues and monitoring of remediation plans to enable the EMEA Head of Technology & Operations to demonstrate reasonable steps in compliance with his obligations under the UK Senior Managers and Certification Regime.
- Monitoring and oversight of Key Risk Indicators and Risk Data Elements impacting EMEA T&O
- Leading the EMEA T&O Risk Forum governance routine
- Coordinating EMEA T&O cross-divisional reporting and escalation to risk and control governance forums, such as the Global T&O Risk Committee, EMEA Regional Control Committee and material legal entity Audit Committees.
- Coordinating the periodic EMEA T&O cross-divisional Risk & Control Self Assessments and Residual Risk Heatmap as well as EMEA T&O inputs to regional and material legal entity Risk Self Assessments.
- Chairing the EMEA T&O cross-divisional Conduct Risk Taskforce, promoting Conduct Risk Awareness and coordinating the EMEA T&O interactions with the regional Conduct Risk Council.
- Acting as the EMEA point of contact for Global Policies impacting T&O, facilitating reviews with Policy Owners to enable approval by the EMEA Head of Technology & Operations.
- Coordinating logistics for the annual Risk Bootcamp Training sessions in EMEA.
- Coordinating EMEA T&O cross-divisional regulatory meetings, examinations and surveys.
- Acting as point of contact for EMEA T&O involvement in Operational Risk Scenario Analysis workshops.
- Ongoing engagement with key stakeholders including EMEA T&O divisional Risk Leads, global T&O functional heads of risks and control disciplines, regional control partners in Operational Risk and Corporate Audit as well as External Audit.
As EMEA Technology & Operations Risk & Control Lead your skills/competencies will include:
- Excellent analytical skills and critical thinking skills
- Logical problem solver with ability to assess and synthesize information with clarity and precision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor communication messages and style to suit multiple stakeholder groups
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and coordinate multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Experience of risk management and the application of associated tools and techniques
- Knowledge of technology and/or operations functions would be an advantage
- Functional experience of global banking and/or global markets would be an advantage
- Ability to develop strong relationships with business partners
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented
- Must be able to deliver results with limited direction and supervision
- A drive for achieving operational excellence, with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to learn and adapt
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment