Corporate Title: Vice President
Line of Business: Global Tech and Operations
Here at our London office we are looking for an individual to join our Quartz Core Engineering Team as a Python / Java Developer.
Quartz is the firm-wide risk and pricing framework for sales and trading tools and middle and back office platform. This role is for a position within the Quartz Core Engineering team to migrate from our existing SDLC toolset and integrate with newer tools used within the firm. There is a large community of developers building on this platform who will benefit from the new SDLC process and tooling that we are putting together. This is an exciting opportunity to push the platform forward for the firm.
As a Python / Java Developer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Digging into our SDLC process (from requirements gathering to coding and testing to build and release)
- Working in a small focused team with an agile culture in London with interactions within our global team and with our global user base
- Migrating to a new SDLC toolset, as well as integrating with the existing platform controls and services
- As part of the SDLC team we cover the full suite of developer tools including testing and governance
As a Python / Java Developer your skills/competencies would ideally include:
- Experience with SDLC processes and tooling, including development and integration
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Great team-working skills
- A good track-record of delivery
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems
- Collaboration and working as a team player, discussing designs, reviewing code and collaborating on development
- Attention to detail
- Experience with front office pricing and risk systems
- Any knowledge of Python and / or Java
- Any experience with IDE plugin development and / or common packaging and deployment tools
- Knowledge of financial instruments and market data modeling
- Any knowledge of C++ would be helpful
- Any interest in and knowledge of functional languages
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.