Corporate Title: Officer
Line of Business: CTO
Our Chester Office are currently looking for someone to join the new Global Service Team as a Service Desk Analyst. You will be responsible and accountable for carrying out day to day tasks of the IT Service Desk function. In addition, you will be actively taking part in driving industry best practice within the team and working globally with your counterparts to continue to develop a world class service desk.
This is an a rare opportunity to be part of our newly formed Service Desk, providing you with the opportunity to become a key contributor to developing processes and procedures with the end focus on improving the overall customer experience. You will gain experience working within the Financial Services Sector in a fast paced, dynamic and highly critical environment; where you can work with a wide range of technical teams and tools.
As a Service Desk Analyst your responsibilities will include:
- Provide a consistent and customer focused environment
- Manage day to day line activities, prioritise and make risk/impact assessments within existing processes and procedures towards achieving SLA
- Run System outages on behalf of Service Desk
- Maintain existing standards and procedures
- Ensure training and development plans are maintained for your own personal development
As a Service Desk Analyst your skills and Competencies will include:
- Dependable Customer Service background
- Preferably IT support background covering 1st line and 2nd line support with exposure to 3rd line support
- An understanding and knowledge of the clients, technology and processes supported within the Service Desk environment would be preferable
- Proficient in MS Office suite (formatting, formulas, macros, pivot tables, etc)
- ITIL Certifications/Understanding/Awareness is desirable
- Trusted team work with the ability to build relationships across all levels of seniority
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise under pressure
- Excellent written, verbal, communication skills
- Ability to multitask and maintain focus on all areas of responsibility concurrently
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.