***Position must be located in San Diego, CA ***
Responsible for management and implementation of the security program for a large geographical region covering San Diego, CA and New Mexico Regions. Responsible for the protection of all corporate assets to include employees, premises, and property for a dedicated area or region. Manages security programs related to physical security, threat management or technical security. Provides consultation to client and business partner management teams. Conducts security reviews of banking centers, administrative and operations buildings based on risk assessment factors. Consults with local LOB managers and provides assistance and issue resolution. Participates in investigations of physical security incidents and other incidents as directed, providing timely documentation. Functions as team lead during security-related incidents and when designated as the duty officer; is responsible for ensuring SOACC is kept up to date as incidents/events unfold. The PSM will be the bank's liaison to law enforcement and advise the local leadership on security related legal and regulatory requirements.
The PSM will develop cost effective plans to manage access control and security risk to the bank. The PSM is a member of the crisis management team and is the in-house consultant to management on response to threats and natural disasters. May provide consultation and guidance to line and senior management, as well as other key stakeholders and internal customers on security-related issues. Develops and maintains effective, active working relationships with primary clients, business partners, team members and external contacts that are relevant to the PSM's specific area of responsibility and actively fosters an environment of teamwork. Provides leadership, directly or through influence, to meet all objectives of the corporate security program and to address unplanned events. Able to work independently and may manage entry level professionals, or interns.
- Must have either prior corporate security, law enforcement, investigative experience or military special operations experiences (minimum of 4+ yrs of experience).
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of equivalent years of law enforcement, corporate security experiences
- Excellent Communication Skills (verbal and written) and be able to interact with internal customers/leadership
- Critical Thinking skills - have demonstrated abilities to make critical decisions
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated/self-starter
- Influencing skills - have the ability to interact and work closely with internal and external stakeholders
- Self motivated/driven
- Solid Computer Skills – working with MS Office suite
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to provide own transportation to respond in a timely fashion to events
- Must be able to travel 15-20%.
- Must be able to respond to matters and issues off regular work hours.
- Knows the Business, Builds and Sustains Relationships, Maximizes Personal Impact, Applies Technical/ Functional Expertise, Delights the Customer/Client
Posting Date: 11/28/2017
Location: San Diego, CA, 701 B ST (CA0816), - United States
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.