Financial Solutions Advisors (FSAs) are phone-based licensed advisors (series 7 and 66 required) that provide clients with holistic financial advice and guidance by identifying broader product and service solutions that meet their investment, savings and liability management solutions. FSAs demonstrate knowledge of investments and financial markets and apply key principles appropriately to the individual client's investment needs. Additionally, they align Merrill Lynch and Bank of America products and services where appropriate. This position may be subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. If your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination.
The Merrill Edge Advisory Center (MEAC) is a consultative platform that provides mass affluent clients with holistic financial advice and deepens client relationships by identifying broader product and service solutions that meet their investment, savings and credit needs. As a Financial Solutions Advisor (FSA), this person will be responsible for maintaining our existing U.S. client relationships by providing day to day service and advice via a phone-based platform. The FSA will provide investment, savings, and liability management solutions to help maintain and enhance financial strategies through the utilization of our wealth management tools. Their responsibilities will also include further deepening relationships with our existing client base and partnering closely with internal team members when appropriate. The FSA may also be responsible for identifying prospective clients and welcoming new clients to the platform. This person will set clear client expectations to create a smooth transition and continuation of the Bank of America/Merrill Lynch relationship.
- Further strengthen client relationships by anticipating needs, exceeding service expectations and following through on commitments
- Demonstrate knowledge of investments and financial markets and apply key principles appropriately to the individual client's investment needs
- Adapt to client preferences using a conversational style
- Understand and proactively identify leading indicators of client attrition and mitigate
- Align Merrill Lynch products and services where appropriate
- Consistently identify client opportunities and engage key partners as needed
- Ability to grasp and apply complex technical material quickly
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity and comply with the Guidelines for Business Conduct as stated by Merrill Lynch
- Series 7 is required. Series 66 (or both the 63 & 65) is strongly preferred; if 66 is not currently held, must be obtained within 90 days
- Minimum of 1-2 years financial advisory or investment sales experience
- Passion for excellence and willingness to work to exceed client expectations
- Strong computer skills with an ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor's degree (business related discipline strongly preferred), or 1-2 years relevant work experience
- Capable of effectively operating in a team oriented and highly collaborative environment
- Successful experience and track record achieving sales goals
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills, a strong team orientation and resiliency
- Ability to effectively manage workload
- Superior client service proficiency including excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Financial services industry experience
- Strong understanding and ability to communicate the suite of Merrill Lynch products and services
Posting Date: 12/07/2017
Location: Jacksonville, FL, JACKSONVILLE 4, 4803 DEER LAKE DR W, - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.