The primary role of the Financial Center Financial Solutions Advisor (FSA) is to deepen banking and investment relationships with Mass Affluent customers. Located in Financial Centers with a concentration of Mass Affluent customers, the FSA will act as the primary point of contact for Mass Affluent customers, although will not have a “book of business.” Walk-in customers will be directed to the FSA who will provide end to end comprehensive advice and customized solutions to help customers achieve their financial goals. Customer reviews/presentations will include a review of investment goals and prepare presentations that recommend products such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, annuities, banking, and managed money solutions. The FSA will transact point of fulfillment investment and banking business for clients with less than $250k in investable assets. In addition, the FSA will engage in daily relationship calling to pre-selected Bank of America or Merrill Edge customers inviting them into the Financial Center for a customer review.
The FSA should have experience in investment, banking and lending products to bridge banking and brokerage solutions. The FSA will build and maintain effective partnerships with internal business partners including other Financial Center teammates, Small Business Bankers, Mortgage Loan Officers, Financial Advisors, in Consumer Banking Services (CBS) and Merrill Edge Advisory Center (MEAC). The FSA will directly report to a Regional Sales Manager on the Preferred Banking & Investments team and work closely with specialist partners to drive referrals.
• Assess customer goals by conducting financial opportunity sessions with new or existing banking clients. Leverage business knowledge to determine prudent and appropriate strategy to meet client’s needs by recommending financial solutions for Mass Affluent clients.
• Build strategic partnership with Financial Center as a valued team member. Refer clients with an investment need and more than $250K in investable assets to a local Merrill Lynch Wealth Advisory Complex or US Trust office. Refer to other appropriate business channel(s) (i.e. Small Business, Home Loans) as needed
• Demonstrate strong awareness of enterprise-wide opportunities to serve our customers.
• Pro-actively build relationships with potential and existing clients to meet business objectives.
• Comply with all applicable banking and investment laws, regulations, company polices, and procedures, in order to serve the clients' best interests and enhance client satisfaction.
Enterprise Role Overview
FSA develops new investment and banking business through leads generated from internal partnering. The FSA will identify, profile and meet with clients to analyze and review financial goals. Engages customers in the lobby for delivery of store value proposition. The FSA will triage client leads and make referrals to appropriate internal service providers based on client needs and asset thresholds. Participates in on-going training and interaction with the Merrill Lynch Wealth Complex. The role is a bridge between banking and brokerage, therefore the FSA must have a general awareness of core banking and investment solutions. The FSA should be able to provide an enterprise product view for our clients, executing referrals across banking and brokerage lines. Demonstrates proficiency with appropriate banking center systems and routines to support sales process. Series 7 & 66 (63 & 65 in lieu of 66) required and Insurance licenses desired. CFP or CRCP preferred. 4 year business degree preferred. One+ years of experience in business development and investments training. This position may be subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. If your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination.
• 3+ years of proven investment business development experience, including investment training. In-depth knowledge of investment products and services.
• One+ years of experience in business development and investments training.
• Experience creating a comprehensive financial strategy, assessing needs, identifying, and recommending financial solutions.
• Knowledge of banking (credit and deposit) products and services desired.
• Must be able to provide evidence of consultative communication and relationship building skills leading to client service, fulfillment and delight in previous roles.
• Series 7 required. This role also requires series 66 (63 & 65 in lieu of 66). If you do not currently hold the 66 but have either a 63 or 65 an offer can be extended with the condition that a passing score is received for the missing series within 60 days.
• A true team player and collaborator, translating knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally.
• Results oriented with proven track record of outstanding ability to motivate and influence other to accomplish objectives: present oneself assertively, convincingly and with confidence to establish credibility and respect with others.
• Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic.
• Highly motivated self-starter, proactive, with intense focus on results. Conveys a sense of urgency to achieve business goals and exceed expectations.
• A respected business partner who adds value to the broader team and can diplomatically handle conflict; demonstrated ability to cultivate effective revenue generating partnerships with other lines of business.
• Ability to handle ambiguity and adapt to changing circumstances.
• An impeccable reputation for integrity and consistency; must possess sound business ethics acting in the best interest of the client.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• 4 year degree desired, preferably in business related field.
• Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and/or Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRCP) Designations desired.
• Insurance licenses desired.
Posting Date: 14/11/2017
Location: Glendale, CA, WEST GLENDALE BC, 6400 San Fernando Rd, West Los Angeles, CA, WEST LOS ANGELES BC, 11501 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA, SANTA MONICA BC, 1301 4th St, Los Angeles, CA, WESTCHESTER BC, 8946 S Sepulveda Blvd, Culver City, CA, CULVER CITY BC, 9453 Culver Blvd, Santa Monica, CA, WILSHIRE, 1430 Wilshire Blvd, Marina Del Rey, CA, MARINA DEL REY BC, 4754 Admiralty Way, Santa Monica, CA, WEST BRENTWOOD BC, 287 26th St, Beverly Hills, CA, BEVERLY HILLS MAIN OFFICE, 468 N Beverly Dr, Los Angeles, CA, PICO, 8501 W Pico Blvd, North Hollywood, CA, VALLEY PLAZA BC, 6600 Laurel Canyon Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, WASHINGTON, 12316 W Washington Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, WILSHIRE, 10960 Wilshire Blvd, - United States
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time