Leads and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of complex system engineering activities involving cross-functional technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of highly complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Establishes input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility, coordination of subsystems design, and integration of total system. Viewed as a technology subject matter expert; able to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and/or vendors. Will have responsibility for multiple, complex projects; will direct activities of teams related to special initiatives or operations and may have direct reports. Leads the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Information Technology degree and/or technology certifications preferred or substantial equivalent experience. Typically 7-10 years of IT experience.Position Summary
- Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include OS technical support, systems programming, Database queries and data center capabilities.
- Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities.
- Assists in establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of subsystems design and integration of total system.
- Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor.
- Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel.
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience primarily windows.
- Experience in Windows Engineering, SQL or HP Nonstop Tandem
- Basic knowledge of Middleware Technologies as well as Base24/Tandem experience.
- Excellent analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Understanding of resource utilization/capacity planning and able to identify performance bottlenecks in a system.
- Ability to influence and direct activities across a matrixed organization.
- Experience with ESQ Product Suite such as ATMTA, POSTA, IMS, RMM, T-Adapter and Automated Operator.
- Experience using monitoring tools such as Introscope, Splunk, SiteScope
- Experience in automation tools like Bladelogic, Repliweb, Perforce is a plus
Posting Date: 12/10/2017
Location: Charlotte, NC, Gateway Center, 901 W Trade St, Charlotte, NC, GATEWAY VILLAGE, 800 W TRADE ST, - United States