The Exam Management Specialist will work with the Relationship Managers and Exam Managers to execute responsibilities. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plan and handle logistics for regulatory exams, routines and meetings
- Record, track and respond/help respond to regulatory inquiries
- Prepare debriefs/recaps of regulatory exams/routines/meetings
- Capture, document in GRIP and track to completion all follow-up actions from exams/routines/meetings and ensure owners are assigned
- Document exam updates in GRIP
- Help Exam Managers and Relationship Managers prepare executive-level briefing materials for regulatory meetings
- Assist the relationship managers and exam managers in producing regulatory team input into board, committee and other reports Create and maintain contacts, profiles and bios for regulators
- Help update list of regulatory contacts and stay abreast of agency/local exam leadership changes
In addition, the exam management specialist will manage small-scale and branch exams in accordance with exam management protocols and procedures. Manage quarterly regulatory routines as assigned.
- Knowledgeable of Bank of America’s business lines, operations, organizational structure, senior executives, etc.
- At least 3 – 5 years' experience in planning and supporting large-scale projects and/or regulatory or counterparty exams
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4+ years’ experience working in the financial industry
- Strong project management skills; attention to detail; ability to drive projects to conclusion
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize daily tasks with project work as well as ad hoc requests
- Preferably, sound understanding of financial regulatory agencies and regulatory oversight and supervision
- Some knowledgeable of exam management process, preferably
- Good verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure, calmly within tight deadlines and escalate appropriately
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Self-starter, motivated and reliable; ability to work well and seamlessly within a team without a continuous high level of guidance
- Proficiency in using MS Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint
Enterprise Role Overview
The Regulatory Engagement & Exam Management Specialist supports exam managers who hold primary accountability for the examination execution and provide leadership and guidance to business leaders on exams, inquiries and other interactions. Participates in the following activities at the direction of the executive or manager:
• Assists in managing regulatory exams for a line of business or function.
• Can assist exam manager through the phases outlined in the Bank of America Regulatory Exam Management Standards.
• Contributes to a readiness assessment (if advance notice of the exam is received and if practical) of the end to end process being examined to identify any control gaps or weaknesses, potential issues and potential emerging risks. Readiness assessment includes:
• Review of regulatory handbooks/standard testing questions (e.g., OCC Exam Handbooks, FFIEC Handbook, CFPB Exam Manual).
• Review of any recent regulatory guidance or regulatory changes issued.
• Review of any open and closed issues arising from past regulatory exams, internal audits, credit reviews or self-identified issues.
• Assists with responses to regulatory inquiries.
Ongoing Supervision Meetings
• Assists in planning and coordinating ongoing supervision meetings with regulators, including meetings with Front Line Unit (FL) or Control Function (CF) Executives.
• Can assist exam manager in providing active oversight of the tollgate process meetings.
Regulatory Activity Tracking, Reporting and Escalation
• Assists exam manager in escalating any regulator concerns, emerging themes or issues.
• Contributes to effective reporting and communication routines to achieve enterprise understanding of key issues
TO BE USED IN GLOBAL COMPLIANCE ONLY: The Regulatory Engagement & Exam Management Specialist supports exam managers who hold primary accountability for the examination execution and provide leadership and guidance to business leaders on exams, inquiries and other interactions. Participates in the following activities at the direction of the executive or manager: Exam management; regulatory inquiries; ongoing supervision meetings; regulatory responses; and regulatory activity tracking reporting, and escalation.
Posting Date: 12/10/2017
Location: Charlotte, NC, BANK OF AMERICA CORPORATE CENTER, 100 N TRYON ST, - United States