Candidate will join the team providing fair lending and UDAAP legal support across the enterprise, including Mortgage (originations and servicing), Consumer Vehicle Lending, Credit Card, Small Business and Compliance.
Manage responses to fair housing complaints/investigations. Provide ongoing practical legal advice regarding: applicability of fair lending and UDAAP laws and regulations across the enterprise to all aspects of the product lifecycle, customer treatment, data use, channel strategy, and marketing; identification and appropriate mitigation of fair lending and UDAAP risk, including supervision and evaluation, under attorney-client privilege, of testing and monitoring and internal reviews; government agency complaints, enforcement actions, examinations and investigations, and private complaints and litigation involving fair lending and UDAAP issues.
Provides general legal counsel on Consumer Banking related matters, as well as specific advice on products, services and certain legal actions. Reviews legal contracts and documents. Directly, or through staff, conducts legal research. May represent the bank in legal actions. Individuals in this position must be a member of the Bar.
• Licensed to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
• 3 or more years of experience as an attorney in a law firm, government agency, or in-house environment
• Substantive background with anti-discrimination and consumer protection laws, including relevant fair lending and/or UDAAP laws such as Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Housing Act, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational/project management skills and attention to detail
• Excellent issue spotting, risk assessment, research, and problem-solving/analytical skills; ablilty to quickly identify key issues, separate the noise, and provide practical advice and solutions
• Initiative and strong work ethic (self-starter); ability to work independently
• Client focused, emphasis on prompt delivery of quality services
• Flexibility and adaptability when faced with changing conditions or priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Strong substantive background with relevant fair lending and/or UDAAP laws, including Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Housing Act, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, as well as Dodd-Frank provisions related to government monitoring data collection and UDAAP
• Experience with administrative fair housing complaints filed with HUD and/or substantially equivalent agencies
• Experience with statistical analysis
• Experience managing the work of investigators, paralegals, and/or other professionals
• Experience with banking regulator supervisory examinations
• Experience supporting targeted reviews of business practices to identify and mitigate potential fair lending and/or UDAAP risks