Corporate Title: Non Officer
Line of Business Legal
Here at our London office we are looking for a Senior Legal Administrative Assistant. The Legal Department is led by the Global General Counsel who is responsible for managing the legal affairs and risks of the company.
The department performs several key functions, including providing strategic and tactical advice, operating the Office of the Corporate Secretary and managing litigation and regulatory investigations. In conjunction with providing legal support, the Legal department provides strategic and tactical advice to the company, the board of directors, lines of businesses, governance committees and control functions.
There are approximately 150 Legal associates across the EMEA region, of which 145 are based in London at our offices in 2 King Edward Street.
This role reports to the EMEA Legal Business Support Manager and is currently based at 2 King Edward Street. With regard to the Legal Department administrative support function, there are 12 admin assistants supporting our legal teams. This role currently provides administrative support to one of several legal teams. It is important to note that adjustments may be made to the allocations dependent on workflow and support demands.
As a Senior Legal Administrative Assistant your main responsibilities will involve:
- Extensive diary management using Outlook and room bookings
- Assist with management of SharePoint sites
- Produce letters, memos, presentations and spreadsheets
- Answer the telephone and filter calls, take accurate messages and deal with general enquiries; flagging critical items and messages
- Arrange travel and travel itineraries
- Capturing and submitting of expenses using the Concur internal system
- Assist with any ad-hoc projects for the teams and wider Legal Department
- Producing comparite documents
- General: Marking up documents, typing, copying, scanning and printing
- Log IT issues and ensure issues are resolved
- Covering for other admins during absences and assisting with work overload
As a Senior Legal Administrative Assistant your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Previous experience in a fast-paced financial and corporate environment.
- Exceptional calendar management skills
- Flexibility – the capacity to work flexibly adjusting own priorities in order to provide optimum and effective support
- Show adaptability to new situations
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills
- Ability to work calmly in a high pressure environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior executives and their support teams
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with a large firm or law firm
- Demonstrates Exceptional Attention to Detail
- Demonstrates Initiative
- Exhibits a Positive Attitude
- Takes Ownership
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.