Corporate Title: Officer
Line of Business: EMEA Trade Operations
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is looking for fluent French or German speaking professional to join their Guarantees Department in Bromley. The successful candidate will perform a variety of general technical and analytical functions related to Guarantees and SBLC’s business.
Joining our growing business with friendly and versatile environment you will be part of professional and multilingual team. You will have an opportunity to cross train on European branches supported from the Shared Service Centre Exposure to the wider Trade Finance product.
- Responsibilities will include, general enquiries, specific support in handling of issuances, amendments, support in reviewing of documentation, analysing research, exception handling, evaluating acceptances, negotiations etc.
- Being responsible for adherence to SLA’s and the necessary operational functions resulting from these which include but are not restricted to issuances, amendments, payments plus the booking and maintenance of all such product included
- Being responsible for solving all general and specific enquiries in connection with the same. This is an opportunity to learn a new product and grow into a challenging client facing role that would provide the opportunity to understand various areas of the bank such as trade finance, credit, product, sales etc.
- Supporting of the daily workflow of the EMEA Trade Team
- Commitment to process improvement including Quality Fundamentals. Constantly striving to improve processes eliminating non value added steps and rework
Skills and qualifications we look for:
- French and/or German language – Fluent written and verbal skills
- Good communication and time management skills
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- Other European Languages will be an advantage (Italian, Dutch, Spanish, etc.) on top of German and/or French
- Ability to work under own initiative in a pressurized environment
- Flexible approach to daily work schedules
- Good attention to detail, must be accurate and precise
- Previous experience in client facing role preferably in finance environment
Nice to have:
- Some knowledge and experience of Guarantees and SBLC's
- Working knowledge of the UCP600 and ISP98, URDG758
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.