Investment Specialist (Opportunity to obtain Series 7 – Class of June 2018) – Rolling Meadows
Rolling Meadows, IL, United States
Job number: 17061344
Back to job search results
The primary role of the Investment Specialist Trainee is to acquire the necessary licenses and training to become an Investment Specialist. In addition to studying and acquiring 7 & 66, the Trainees will be required to complete the new hire training program, including classroom and on the job training activities. Once a Trainee acquires all required licenses, completes training activities and passes all proficiency assessments, they will transition into a full time Investment Specialist.
Investment Specialists work in the Merrill Edge Investment Center helping self-directed investors with their account and trading needs. You will assist clients with education on our online platform, research, enterprise offerings and deepen relationships through understanding financial goals. The Investment Center provides several career paths including a variety of specialty teams servicing technology needs, online chat and email, and advanced trading techniques.
- Have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the financial lives of others
- Deepen client relationships by delivering world-class customer care and investment expertise
- Join a company awarded for Outstanding Customer Service Experience 6 years in a row by JD Power₁
- Earn a competitive base salary with opportunities for performance-based bonuses and career growth in a fast-pace culture
The Ideal Candidate is
- Highly self-motivated and goal-orientated
- Client-focused with a passion for excellence and positive team attitude
- Eager to start a career at a fast-growing company that rewards hard work and dedication
- Committed to earn the Series 7 & 66 securities licensed within 90-120 days
- Nationally recognized New Hire Training Program, with 4-5 months of full time paid training
- Pay for performance bonuses
- Top tier benefits through Bank of America – such as 401k match, medical/dental, tuition reimbursement, childcare assistance, paid vacation time
- Access to Employee Networks such as: Women’s Leadership, LGBT Pride, Black Professionals, Asian Leadership, Military Support Awareness, Inter-Generational, Disability Advocacy and many others
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Series 7 and Series 66 is required; if not currently held, must be obtained within 120 days
- Communicate effectively
- Strong computer skills with an ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Requires basic knowledge of the organization, products and/or services
- Ability to adapt and seek solutions for customers in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, or 1-2 years relevant work experience
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
Merrill Edge is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
Posting Date: 01/22/2018
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL, 1600 Golf Rd (IL3511), - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.