Manages a function or unit within the technology environment. Manages application programmers and makes all decisions on personnel actions including staffing, performance management and compensation decision-making. Supports systems through maintenance, modification, problem resolution to support ongoing delivery of services and/or operations. Formulates/designs systems scope and objectives for the applications/development of a major project or multiple lesser projects. Responsible for instructing, directing, and checking the quality and timeliness of other systems professionals. Works on most difficult or complex systems. May provide expertise in determining the strategic technical direction and system architecture for initiatives. Provides training and technical assistance to more junior associates. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience.
*** Candidates that require sponsorship will not be considered ***
The project manager is responsible for managing multiple software development projects through the full SDLC from initiation through deployment. This includes facilitating document reviews, team meetings, collecting and consolidating cost estimates, schedules and signoffs of pertinent artifacts in accordance with defined processes, managing risks, issues changes and action items and tracking and reporting progress to management and project stakeholders. The project manager coordinates test planning, script reviews testing and defect resolution and deployment planning and support and ensures that the project adheres to all Enterprise and GWIM risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls.
In addition, this role will be responsible for support agile teams by facilitating feature grooming sessions, help to resolve obstacles and provide status reporting.
- Minimum 8-10 years prior project management experience in a software development environment
- Proficient in waterfall and agile methodologies
- Detail oriented with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong people management and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities for concurrent projects effectively
- Familiar with distributed and web-based applications
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Project
- Proficient creating and presenting status briefings to senior management.
- Prior technology experience in retail wealth management & retirement platform is a big plus
- Prior experience working with an Agile-based development team
- Prior experience of working with globally distributed teams
- Prior experience managing projects at Bank of America
- Experience in Rally
- Project Management Professional Certification a plus.
- Scrum Master Certification is a big plus