This opportunity is in the Consumer Credit Risk organization. The role will analyze key economic trends or emerging credit trends that may impact the credit performance of the Consumer portfolio. While the role will be focused on macro-economic analyses, it will also have an opportunity to work across consumer products including Home Loans, Credit Cards and Consumer Vehicle Lending. The candidate will have significant learning opportunities in terms of how credit risk is measured, analyzed, managed and reported.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Identify economic trends or emerging issues that may impact the credit quality of the portfolio; this involves reviewing macro economic variables and future economic scenarios from internal and external sources
• Conduct cross product credit risk analyses on an ad-hoc basis for senior management for emerging economic or portfolio trends
• Work with senior Risk and line of business managers to analyze key portfolio and origination credit trends to ensure the portfolio performs within our Risk Appetite and other Business Credit Risk Limits
• Develop presentations for senior management to effectively communicate current and expected credit performance and emerging trends or issues
• Communication and escalation of emerging risk issues to Risk leadership
• Ad hoc analytical or reporting as requested by management
• Ability to evaluate large quantities economic, credit and industry information
• Demonstrate a combination of, business acumen, attention to detail, initiative, quantitative and analytical skills, and satisfactory written and oral communications skills.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent work activities; associate will be required to manage several tasks at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
• Proven ability to ensure deliverables meet critical deadlines and milestones
• Strong excel, PowerPoint and data manipulation skills - with the ability to summarize effectively for senior management
• Macroeconomic data analysis – Economy.com, FRED Data
• Product knowledge of consumer credit products is highly desired
• Prior Banking credit risk functional experience
• SAS/SQL Data Mining
• Background in statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
Enterprise Job Profile:
Responsible for performing complex analysis and is engaged in the development of modeling that maximizes profits and asset growth and minimizes credit and operating losses and other risk exposures. Provides analytical support on various product strategies to ensure company goals are met. Coordinates the production of performance reports for senior mgt. Reviews and analyzes trends in current population distributions and recommends strategies. May participate in or develop complex program models to extract data and use databases to provide statistical and financial modelling. Master's degree or large data experience preferred; Programming experience like SQL, SAS preferred and/or Micro Strategy experience preferred. Minimum of 5 years experience.
Posting Date: 12/10/2017
Location: Charlotte, NC, 201 N TRYON ST (NC1022), - United States