Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Department: Transaction Reporting
Here at Bank of America Merrill Lynch we have an opening for a Compliance Specialist to join the Transaction Reporting Team.
The successful candidate will be tasked with any of the following activities:
- Create and maintain a regulatory inventory
- Update relevant policies to ensure they reflect regulatory requirements for FLU/CF.
- Contribute to compliance risk assessments
- Contribute to monitoring and testing coverage plans and related metrics
- Monitor and test the effectiveness of the front line unit and control function compliance risk controls for FLU/CF
- Identify aggregate, report and escalate compliance risks, issues and control enhancements for FLU/CF
As a Compliance Specialist your responsibilities will involve:
- Compliance oversight of the relevant regulations undertaken by operations departments of the UK Entities
- Effective assessment of new regulation and interpretation of changes ensuring effective implementation with Bank reporting systems
- Communication of changes and education provision to relevant staff on Transaction reporting developments.
- Assisting with the maintenance of an excellent working relationship with the TMU and any ongoing dialog with the FCA on this topic.
- Attendance at internal working forums relating to the Transaction reporting function (MiFID II, EMIR, STFR), Client Assets and other relevant regulation as required.
As a Compliance Specialist your skills/competencies would include:
- Educated to degree level
- Ability to take decisions when required and to escalate when necessary
- Genuine interest in the securities markets, regulation and changing legislation
- Previous experience of working in a regulatory environment with experience of at least one of the following EMIR, MiFID II, CASS
- An understanding of the Equity markets, products and a desire to work in a Trading Floor environment
- Sound understanding of the markets
- A flexible and solution driven perspective, able to solve problems and a determination to seek answers to complex issues
- Good Communication skills
- Workable level of standard IT packages
- Good team attitude, willing to interact and discuss issues in a team environments
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.