Diversity & InclusionGo to Search Jobs : Get started/Apply now >
Valuing our People
The diversity of our employees – across the spectrum of thought, belief, generation, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability and experience – makes us stronger, and is essential to our ability to fulfil our purpose of making financial lives better, and achieve our business strategy of responsible growth.
It is through our diversity that we are able to bring our clients different perspectives and experiences, helping us better serve their unique needs. And our inclusive workplace means that our employees can be themselves, achieve personal success and contribute to the responsible growth of our company.
Disability Advocacy Network (DAN)
DAN supports employees with a disability — as well as those who have family, friends or clients affected by a disability.
Inter-Generational Employee Network (iGEN)
iGEN connects all generations — from Millennials to Baby Boomers — deepening appreciation for the positive impact bringing different generations together can have on the company.
Leadership, Education, Advocacy and Development (LEAD)
LEAD provides access to advice, coaching and professional interactions that help attract, develop, advance and retain women at all levels of our company. We have a long heritage of supporting women’s economic empowerment and leadership, both within our own organisation and through external partnerships. One illustration of our commitment is our signing of the Women in Finance Charter which reinforces our position as a global leader in striving for gender equality.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Pride
Through LGBT Pride, LGBT colleagues and visible allies help to create an inclusive environment where differences are valued and respected, and where employees are encouraged to bring their whole self to work, and reach their full potential.
Military Network (MilNet)
MilNet brings together ex-service personnel, and friends and family who support the diverse military population, by assisting charities and support groups.
Multicultural Leadership Network (MLN)
MLN supports the rich diversity of backgrounds we have in our company, and strives to engage with promising young students from under-served populations through a variety of external partnerships.
Parents and Carers Network (PCN)
PCN brings together and provides a supportive community for employees with caring responsibilities for children, other family members and loved ones.
Life is better when we are connected as a company
At Bank of America Merrill Lynch, we’re committed to recruiting, developing and retaining top diverse talent from around the world. Join us, and you’ll join a team that is well-recognised for developing industry-leading technology, products and services. Together, we are creating a company that people want to work at, invest in and do business with.
Life is better when we are connected to our customers, clients and our community
We’re honored to be recognised by various organisations and media around the world for our employment practices.
- Recognised as Top Employer for Career Progression in 2015 and 2017 from Workingmums.co.uk.
- We were awarded the ‘World’s Best Bank for Diversity’ by Euromoney in 2016.
- We received a Gold Award under the Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme in 2016, 2017 and 2018 for our support of military veterans and the Armed Forces community in the UK.
- The Women in Banking and Finance recognised us with a 2016 Team Diversity Award, for the role our women’s networks play in building the culture of our company.
- BofAML and Place2Be were awarded Corporate National Partnership of the Year with a Financial Institution by Charity Times in recognition of the extraordinary relationship between the bank and a UK charity.
- Ranked 56 in the Top 100 Employers 2018 by the Stonewall Workplace Equality Index. The annual survey determines the best employers for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender staff to work in the United Kingdom