Global Technology & OperationsGo to Search Jobs : Get started/Apply now >
With nearly 100,000 employees and contractors in 35 countries, Global Technology & Operations (GT&O) delivers technology and operating services that form the backbone of Bank of America.
As with other Bank of America groups, the GT&O culture expects excellence, rewards high performance, develops its leaders, encourages innovation, demands integrity, cultivates trust and teamwork, and promotes diversity and inclusion. That culture, combined with existing talent, expertise, market leadership and a wide array of professional opportunities, enables GT&O to attract and retain the brightest minds in the business.
Key organizations within GT&O are:
- Consumer Banking Technology & Operations
- Global Markets Risk Technology & Operations
- Global Wealth & Investment Management Technology & Operations
- Global Wholesale Banking Technology & Operations
- Technology Infrastructure
- Enterprise Chief Information Officer
- Global Information Security
- Chief Operating Officer
A leader in technology
GT&O invests billions of dollars each year to develop and deploy leading-edge technology in the following areas:
- New capabilities for 30 million U.S. online retail banking customers and 13 million mobile banking customers
- Platforms for handling the trillions of dollars in client assets under management and the billions of dollars that move each day through the company’s wealth management, commercial banking and global markets businesses
- Platforms for global risk and capital management to enable real-time monitoring for management and regulatory reporting
- Expertise in everything from desktop support to data center management for the company’s extensive technology infrastructure
- Protection of customer and client information, which includes defending the company against cyber security threats
- Management of enterprise data, including business intelligence analytics
- Technology expertise in disciplines ranging from coding to systems architecture to project management.
A leader in operations
GT&O operations professionals provide fulfillment and customer support for Bank of America’s businesses. Every year, operations professionals in GT&O handle a mind-boggling flow of transactions with tremendous accuracy and efficiency. These transactions, which are the life blood of the global economy, include:
- $225 billion in wire payments
- 3.4 billion separate trades in stocks, bonds and other financial instruments
- 1 billion online banking payments and transfers
- 6 billion checks cleared
- 1.1 billion ledger items posted
Excellence in operating services is core to GT&O’s mission. Several client contact centers are perennial winners of J.D. Power & Associates recognition for “customer satisfaction excellence.” In 2013, the Merrill Lynch Retirement Services contact center was recognized by J.D. Power & Associates, as was the Corporate and Commercial Banking contact center and the Merrill Edge contact center.
GT&O was granted 119 U.S. patents in 2012, and has been credited with 1,500 U.S. patents overall. GT&O stays abreast of the latest innovations in technology and operations so it can support business colleagues around the world, and provide customers and clients with tools that allow them to do business with Bank of America whenever and wherever they want.
Quartz is revolutionizing the way Global Markets does business at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Quartz will become the single platform for pricing trades, managing positions, and computing risk exposure. It is a part of a multi-year effort to build a cross-asset, front-to-back risk and trading system.
Thousands of developers are using the platform to deliver applications to thousands of end users. As a part of the Quartz team, you will contribute to the technology that will define the future of our business. You will work with a cutting-edge, massive-scale, highly-agile technology stack, including:
- A shared Python based environment for agile development
- Globally distributed object-oriented petabyte-class databases
- Linux compute farms on-tap
- A core framework of reusable business objects
- A multi-million line code base
- Automated tools for testing, integration, and global application deployment
Our developer community is our greatest asset. We invest in training and mentoring to improve technical and business skills through:
- "Quartz University" lectures
- Virtual, self-guided, and in person training
- Participation and sponsorship of Python conferences and events
Women in Technology & Operations advocacy group
In addition to the Employee Networks and other interest groups that are available to all Bank of America employees, GT&O promotes an advocacy group called “Women in Technology & Operations” that supports female employees in GT&O through development, outreach and networking opportunities. Women in Technology & Operations has 3,300 members in 15 local chapters in five countries.
Global Technology & Operations APAC (APAC T&O)
APAC T&O is responsible for delivering end-to-end technology and operations to all lines of business across the region.
APAC T&O professionals primarily support the Bank of America Merrill Lynch businesses that serve the region’s corporate and institutional clients, including Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets, and Corporate Credit and Transaction Banking. They also fulfill company needs for technology infrastructure, risk and data management, and information security.
APAC T&O is integrated with the company’s broader GT&O organization which employs nearly 112,000 employees and contractors around the world. APAC T&O also has the autonomy needed to respond to the unique demands of local market clients.
As part of the broader GT&O organization, APAC T&O employees benefit from working in a company that invests billions of dollars each year in leading-edge technology, and from working in a company that excels in delivering operating services.
In APAC T&O, our team expects excellence, rewards high performance, develops its leaders, encourages innovation, demands integrity, cultivates trust and teamwork, and promotes diversity and inclusion. That culture, combined with market leadership and a wide array of professional opportunities, enables APAC T&O to attract and retain the brightest minds in the business.